04 June 2009

Camera Craft 2 - Week 2



Originally uploaded by Sharanjit

Ok, it didn't turn out too bad in the end, as the teacher wasn't too fussed about keeping to the subject matter. I ended up doing two mini-series:

1) Katoomba shop windows. These shots showed the windows, the reflection in the windows, and often the people inside the shop as well as reflections in mirrors inside the shop. I liked that multi-layered aspect, though really I'm not sure it's naturally pertinent to Katoomba.

2) The bookcase series. Some great shots came back from the roll of film I had developed - particularly those of my friend Shawn. Martin was also very pleased with his portraits. The bookcase background worked well.

Details here

Next week - Colours of Light.

And I also got the bad news - they've cancelled the B&W course I was really looking forward to next term. I'm going to try and get a course in somewhere else, as I want to start developing my own photos. I've had recommendations for Point Light , and will call them to see what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment