01 June 2009

Camera Craft 2 - Assignment 1

This week I have to do one of:
  • Photograph within 2 blocks of your home; or
  • Photograph a community
Seeing as I was away this weekend visiting friends the first one wasn't an option for once! The second one is harder - I have so many pre-conceived ideas about what community means, it's getting in my way of just shooting.

I have a few options:
  • Some shots I took whilst in Katoomba of the shop windows - community through commerce?
  • Some pictures of my wife, not necessarily within 2 blocks of my home, but very close to home all the same.
  • Some pictures of friends I was in a community with. Maybe. Not many shots though.
I guess this is the best and worst part of doing a camera course. The deadline and set theme both detract from the creative process, and also heighten it.

No comments:

Post a Comment