06 June 2009

Camera Craft 2 - Assignment 2


7.00 AM
Originally uploaded by Sharanjit

The Colour of Light

Use colour slide film or a digital camera set to Daylight white balance.
Set up your tripod and photograph the same scene from before sunrise and through the day at 2 hour intervals until it is completely dark.

Here's the first shot taken at 7 AM this morning (dawn was earlier than I thought!). Will continue till this evening, and then tomorrow morning.

On reflection, it's possibly not the best shot as the sky is only a small part of the picture, and I'd expect that to have the most change in colour. However, it was certainly more interesting than the other shots.

Taking my camera down to the beach to take photos so far hasn't been any trouble. But I'm wary. I suspect some people might be suspicious of my intentions. Luckily it's not an airport or a dam as I'd probably need to shave off my beard before attempting that sort of thing!

Doing both digital and slide film. Kept away from the expensive Velvia 50, and am using Sensia instead. Figured it wasn't worth it for my first attempt. Only worry is getting it developed in time for Wednesday as Monday is a public holiday and all the labs I've called are closed. May need to take some time off work on Tuesday to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment