24 May 2009

Upgrade Path

I find myself spending way too much time looking at cameras and lenses and figuring out what to buy. I think I have enough gear now, and it's time to focus on using what I have:

Nikon D60
Nikon 18-55 and 55-200 AFS VR kit zooms
Nikon AFS 35mm f/1.8G DX

Nikon F80
Nikon AF 28mm f/2.8 D
Nikon AF 85mm f/1.8 D

However, I have figured out where I want to go next, in case you'd like to buy me a gift :)

1) Panasonic Lumix LX3 - An excellent compact camera with a Leica 24mm f/2 lens, for when I can't carry around my SLRs (within the year)

2) Only full frame AF Nikon lenses - no more DX lenses. Must be compatible with D90 (and so also the D700). Starting with:
  • The Nikon AFS 50mm f/1.4G - will work on my current cameras, and is the missing portrait lens I'd like for digital (within the year), and the normal lens I'm missing for Film

  • A wide-angle lens, Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8 AF-S, usable on both my cameras, and plus I'm really enjoying the wide angle shots (2 years)

  • A macro lens, perhaps Nikon 105mm f/2.8 AF or the AFS with VR (3 years)

3) D90 - or the then replacement - so I can start to use the AF lenses in digital as well as on the F80 (2 years)

4) D700 - or the then replacement - so I can go full frame (5 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment