24 May 2009

Angels


Angels
Originally uploaded by Sharanjit

Some results from excursion last weekend through Waverley Cemetary. I find it a tough place to photograph. I'm desperately trying to avoid the Gothic look, in a place that is almost perfect for Victorian Gothic Chic. Plus the lighting is always tricky - big skies, big ocean. Composition too - hard to avoid distractions in the shot. I think I was more successful this time than I've been in the past. I particularly like the converging diagonal lines implied by the statues and the graves in this shot, that lead the eye through the frame. The sky didn't come out too bad either, and perhaps that's where the Ilford HP5 plus grain helps - I'm not sure.

It's an interesting place anyway, and a great place to spend the afternoon, and not too far from a string of cafes at Bronte Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment