24 May 2009

Bronte Pool & Thoughts on Film


Bronte Pool, originally uploaded by Sharanjit.

Took a new roll on the Ilford HP5 Plus film I got for a low price. I'm still undecided about how I feel about this film. Some shots (such as the one above) work well, but others seem to lose so much sharpness because of the grain, or perhaps because my technique is off. Well I have at least another ten rolls to try out and see if I can improve my results.

Currently I have a roll of Chromogenic Kodak BW400CN to take to the developers. I'm interested to see what that will turn out like.

B&W is expensive to process, and the turn around times seem to be at least two to three days. I've had bad experiences with some labs with excessive dust on the scans and prints. Looking forward to my B&W course at ACP in July, and then I'll get to develop my own.

So far, the Kodak T-MAX 400 has been my favourite, as in this shot of Tanvi.

No comments:

Post a Comment